If you have the habit of drinking while under the influence or alcohol or drugs, there is a high chance that you may get arrested by the police anytime. In the event of an unfortunate incident like that, the police forces inspect the damages that you have caused and inflict a punishment of heavy penalty charges or jail sentence or both. It becomes very difficult for you to challenge this decision when you don’t have a proper legal expert defending you. This is why you need to hire the right DUI lawyer so that he can bail you out of these situations easily using his expertise and experience. You need to careful analysis and ask the right questions to your expert before hiring him. You are going to entrust him with the responsibility of protecting you in an emergency. Hence, you need to be sure that he is the best. Here are some of the mandatory questions that you should ask your legal expert, before hiring him to bail you out of a drunken driving case.
1. Work experience
Needless to say, the first and foremost question that you should ask your attorney should be about his work experience. Your questions can be on the following lines:
– Is he a specialist in DUI cases only or does he deal other cases as well?
– How thorough is he with the local drinking & driving rules of your locality?
– On an average, how many such drunken driving cases does he take up in a year?
– What is the average case completion history?
– What is the general strategy adopted?
– How many such clients has he represented so far and how many has won out of them?